The vision of Regional Rail, LLC is to acquire or create a core group of short-line railroads and or rail related companies, and to manage these companies according to best practices in the industry. The business model of Regional Rail, LLC is to realize the synergies of combining these smaller entities into a larger enterprise, thereby reducing administrative costs, increasing marketing opportunities, improving negotiating position with suppliers and connecting carriers, and increasing the purchasing power of the combined entities. This will provide improved customer satisfaction, improved profitability, and facilitate long-term growth and continued reinvestment into these companies.
Short-line and freight service locations
- East Penn Railroad (ESPN), operating 110 miles of track in southeastern Pennsylvania and northern Delaware
- Middletown & New Jersey Railroad (MNJ), operating 55 miles of track in Southeastern New York State
- Tyburn Railroad (TYBR) operating a 14-acre rail to truck transload facility, a trucking company providing regional delivery services, and a terminal switching operation in Morrisville, PA (midway between New York and Philadelphia).
- Florida Central Railroad (FCEN), operating 68 miles of track serving the Orlando, Florida region
- Florida Midland Railroad (FMID), operating 28 miles of track serving central Florida
- Florida Northern Railroad (FNOR), operating 104 miles of track on two branch lines covers the region north of Tampa, Florida
- Port Manatee Railroad LLC (PMR), operating 7 miles of track serving Port Manatee, FL
- Carolina Coastal Railway (CLNA), operating 179 miles of track in Eastern North Carolina, including service to the Port of Morehead City, NC
Other rail related services
Regional Rail has extensive experience and a proven track record of success in many important areas, primarily focused in the folllowing:
Our railroads serve many existing and new industrial development sites. Given our local presence, we can help customers with site selection and development of rail served industrial sites along any of our railroads.
All customers can realize the benefits of rail shipping through transloading by entering into a transload operation on one of our railroads. With numerous transload sites and partners, we can assist in the logistics of setting up a successful transload operation.
With over 355 miles of track across six railroads, we have ample capacity to assist with short and long-term railcar storage needs for both loaded and empty railcars.
Requesting access to right of way and associated real estate along any of our railroads is straight forward with inquiries being handled in a timely manner.
SIGNAL INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE
Diamondback Signal, provides signal installation and maintenance services across 20 states and over 70 class II & III railroad customers.
3i-backed Regional Rail, a leading owner and operator of short-line freight railroads and rail-related businesses in the U.S., has agreed to acquire Carolina Coastal Railway, Inc. (“Carolina Coastal”) which operates 180 miles of freight railroad in North Carolina and South Carolina, subject to authorisation from the Surface Transportation Board. Carolina Coastal provides freight transportation and...
3i-backed Regional Rail, a leading owner and operator of short-line freight railroads and rail-related businesses in the Mid-Atlantic U.S., has agreed to acquire Pinsly Railroad Company’s (“Pinsly”) Florida operations with 208 miles of track across three short-line railroads, subject to authorisation from the Surface Transportation Board.
3i Group plc (“3i”) today announces an agreement to invest in Regional Rail, LLC (“Regional Rail”), a leading owner and operator of short-line freight railroads and rail-related businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic U.S.
Regional Rail LLC
505 South Broad Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348
(610) 925-0131 Phone
(610) 925-0135 Fax